The running of the project is supported by our excellent volunteer mechanics – ideally people with experience of bicycle maintenance who have the capacity to support and mentor others.
As a Volunteer Mechanic you will be given guidance and support to fulfil this role. Tasks include:
- Refurbishing and stripping bikes
- Supporting and encouraging Trainees in learning how to refurbish bikes
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of the workshop, including maintain a safe workshop for all
- Assisting with publicising the project, attending events, etc. from time to time
- Assisting in the collection of donated bikes, if needed
- Providing support and cover for the Lead Mechanic, if required.
- Working within the policies and procedures of ECI